Thursday, February 28, 2013

Behind These Eyes is a Secret...




My name is Lee Ann Mead. I am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, which started when I was 4 years old. Over a span of 12 plus years, I was controlled by my stepfather. When I was 16 years old, my childhood best friend told my dark secret. Her parents believed her and helped facilitate my breaking free of the hell I’d been living. My life was forever changed because someone (other than me) had the courage to tell. I am so grateful to her and her parents.

If you suspect child abuse, please don’t wait - tell. You may be the only person that child has that can save their life.

Because of what I went through, I’ve become a fierce advocate for kids who have been traumatized by abuse as I’ve walked in those very same shoes. I know what it feels like to feel damaged, broken, and ashamed. My past motivated me to create Sparks of Hope to help these hurting kids (just like I once was) turn the ugliness of what happened to them into goodness; to see a brighter future filled with joy; and to know that healing is possible.   

Please join me and Sparks of Hope by helping support these kids in need – refer a child – spread the word – raise a voice and stand up for kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment